upgrade from 120 trial to full copy failed need help RRS feed

• Question

• once my 120 trial ran out i went to the store and bought it when i tried server reinstallation it failed the first time with lots of errors so i tried it again except server reinstallation isnt there only new install it looks like alot of the windows folder was deleted anyway to save all my data cause new install will delete all 8 hard drives
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:13 PM

Answers

• once my 120 trial ran out i went to the store and bought it when i tried server reinstallation it failed the first time with lots of errors so i tried it again except server reinstallation isnt there only new install it looks like alot of the windows folder was deleted anyway to save all my data cause new install will delete all 8 hard drives
    Usually when a Server Reinstallation fails, you need to wipe the 20 GB OS partition so you will get the option again.  You can try formatting the 20 GB partition.  If that doesn't work, try using Diskpart.  In either case, just make sure you select the correct partition (the other partition might have data and/or part of the backup database).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, December 28, 2009 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dyno69 Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:25 PM
    Monday, December 28, 2009 1:19 AM

All replies

Usually when a Server Reinstallation fails, you need to wipe the 20 GB OS partition so you will get the option again.  You can try formatting the 20 GB partition.  If that doesn't work, try using Diskpart.  In either case, just make sure you select the correct partition (the other partition might have data and/or part of the backup database).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, December 28, 2009 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dyno69 Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:25 PM
    Monday, December 28, 2009 1:19 AM
  • so that didnt work so i decided to do a fresh install my question is how will i get 2.38TB of data off my 6 hds i had duplication on if that helps

kariya i followed your directions on this post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/7f224a0c-f724-4b0c-b828-01104610115a/ about plugging in a drive and copying it to a network share but when i try to click on photos videos or any folder i cant open it permission error i think
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:17 AM
  • so that didnt work so i decided to do a fresh install my question is how will i get 2.38TB of data off my 6 hds i had duplication on if that helps

kariya i followed your directions on this post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/7f224a0c-f724-4b0c-b828-01104610115a/ about plugging in a drive and copying it to a network share but when i try to click on photos videos or any folder i cant open it permission error i think
    You probably need to take ownership of the files/folders on that drive so that you can access the data and copy it to your network shares.  (Just make sure you are working with a drive that is not currently part of the WHS storage pool.  :)  )
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 12:21 AM