2WIRE modem and Live one care RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do I know if my modem for both wired and wireless is supported by Live One Care.  Mine is an AT&T product.  Modem is hooked to my desk top computer, firewall is working...however on my HP computer it is now showing me at a lower speed than before.  When this happened with my other firewall program it was b/c someone was using my wireless signal to connect.  How can I be sure the wireless is blocked?
    Monday, June 16, 2008 8:07 PM

Answers

• Wireless Security is configured in the router. I don't think that your router can be managed by OneCare's wireless security feature, which basically checks to make sure that it is enabled. The current supported router list is here: http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/prodinfo/aplist.htm

Wireless speed is a function of signal strength and interference. Check the modem/router documentation for how to change the broadcast channel and that may help.

If you suspect that the OneCare firewall is impacting the speed, try turning that off temporarily in OneCare/Change Settings (on the wireless PC), but I'm quite sure that the issue is not caused by OneCare.

-steve

Monday, June 16, 2008 11:49 PM