I want an alert to my mail, when ever new question posted in SQL Server forum. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I want an alert to my mail, when ever new question posted in SQL Server forum.

is it possible,if it is possilbe please guide how set up.
    so that for me it is possible to give quick answer if i knows about that post.

SNIVAS
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:52 AM

Answers

• Hahaha...I understand where you're coming from, but you'd get a LOT of emails.  You can subscribe to the RSS feed instead at the top of each forum - use the little "RSS" icon at the top of the page beside the forum title.  RSS is designed for sites with very frequent updates, whereas email is just not as good for that.

Hope this helps.
    Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by SNIVAS Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hahaha...I understand where you're coming from, but you'd get a LOT of emails.  You can subscribe to the RSS feed instead at the top of each forum - use the little "RSS" icon at the top of the page beside the forum title.  RSS is designed for sites with very frequent updates, whereas email is just not as good for that.

Hope this helps.
    • Marked as answer by SNIVAS Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:21 AM
  • SNIVAS said:

Hi all

I want an alert to my mail, when ever new question posted in SQL Server forum.

is it possible,if it is possilbe please guide how set up.
    so that for me it is possible to give quick answer if i knows about that post.

SNIVAS

First you needs to know some better English.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Jin24 said:

First you needs to know some better English.

Jin24,

Did you have a particular goal in mind when you posted this?  It seems that your only intent was to try to take another forum participant down a notch.  Many of the people who participate in online communities don't communicate in English as their first language.  Snivas asked a question in a very polite manner, and didn't deserve to be insulted in return.

I think you "needs to" find another place to vent your frustration.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:36 AM