CCM caller number does not resolve to a name in MOC RRS feed

• Question

• I have both enterprise voice (EV) as well as pure Cisco phone users in the organization and all have a 5 digit extension that are stored in AD as their work numbers. Address Book normalization file contains rules that add a '+' in front of these numbers which allows them to show up in the addresss book and they can be dialed from the MOC client. The problem I am facing is that when a Cisco user calls an EV user, only their 5 digit extensions shows up in the MOC display and not their name. If I locate the user that has this extension and look at their phone number, it shows their 5 digit extension listed there. Soemhow the number to name resolution is not working in GalContacts.db file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

AK

Friday, December 5, 2008 2:36 PM

All replies

• You must make sure that you send the full E.164 number to OCS from the Cisco CCM

Friday, December 5, 2008 8:15 PM
  • There are actually gateways in the market that can perform this conversion to E.164 statically; and there are others that can actually look up the 5 digit CCM extension in AD, and return the E.164 number before delivering the call to CCM (which makes the functionality dynamic and managed out of AD)...

Sunday, December 7, 2008 6:08 AM
  • Are you using the updates and configuration that MS released a couple months ago that remove the plus on outbound calls to Cisco and add it on the way back in?  See http://communicationsserverteam.com/archive/2008/09/26/270.aspx for more details.  That should get everything matched up for you.

Monday, December 8, 2008 6:12 AM