HTML5 Visual Studio 2013 and Dynamics CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have done a little development within CRM, a few plugins, etc , but now I need to look at the possibility of redeveloping a Silverlight app, our current quote module, into HTML5.

I have at my disposal Visual Studio 2013, does anybody have any good guides for working with Visual Studio 2013 to create a HTML5 CRM web resource??

I have been looking at LightSwitch for the past day and this seems to do what I want it to do, am I right in thinking this?  What do you guys use?  Do I connect straight to CRM with this or not?

Only previous HTML and javascript I have done was with notepad.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Matt

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:54 PM

All replies

• Maybe I should change this around a little, since no-one has responded.

What I want to do is create a html webresource in crm 2011, the web resource will be an update/rewrite of our current quote module that is written in silverlight and has never worked fully from day 1 of being implemented.

What I need to know is the correct way to go about creating this HTML webresource, I assume HTML5 will be ok for this?

I have visual studio 2013 or 2011 available to me, questions :

* what kind of project / solution do I need to make to write the html and javascript in?

* Is visual studio the correct tools to use for this?

* If not what should I be using?

In the web resource I need to be able to query CRM to populate dropdown boxes, text boxes and populate a datagrid which will need to allow me to select a quote line and edit these quote lines and of course update the quote lines and the quote header.  Initially I just want to get my head around creating HTML files, querying data and populating datagrids etc.

So far within CRM I have created scripts to set fields, dropdowns on existing forms but never created a form myself.

So where do I start?

regards,

Matt

Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:41 PM
  • So how did you go about the task?

Monday, July 27, 2015 2:02 PM