Shared Subfolders RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way that I can share a subfolder. Example:

Personal Folders

General  

User 1

User 2

I want to allow User 1 to have access to General and user 1 folders but not User 2 folder and also User 2 to have access to General and user 2 folders  but not user 1 folder.

Thanks

Saturday, March 10, 2007 2:52 AM

Answers

• Why can't you use top level WHS Shared Folders? They work exactly the way you described:

create user User1 - the shared folder User1 is created with ony User1 permissions by default

create user User2 - the shared folder User2 is created with ony User2 permissions by default

create shared folder General and assign permissions for both

Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:43 AM

All replies

• I'm pretty sure you could do that, but you would have to do it manually, rather than through the WHS Console interface. You would have to log in to WHS using Remote Desktop, then create the General folder and assign permissions to it in Windows Explorer. And I'm not sure how WHS, and especially Drive Extender, would like it.
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:22 AM
  • Why can't you use top level WHS Shared Folders? They work exactly the way you described:

create user User1 - the shared folder User1 is created with ony User1 permissions by default

create user User2 - the shared folder User2 is created with ony User2 permissions by default

create shared folder General and assign permissions for both

Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:43 AM