is entrance exam necessary RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends,

i am from tamil nadu, where the enttrance exams for professional courses( ENGG, MEDICINE) was canceled. does this augur well for the students? what is ur opinion? lets start a healthy discussion on whether we require entrance exams or not?

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:51 AM

Answers

• well i guess many don want to comment on this why friends? its ur issue...
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:11 PM
  • yes by cancelling the entrance exams now.. the govt has done great injustice to the students and this years admission procedures is definitely going to be a bedlam
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:02 PM
  • well sundar, u may be right. but i done agree with the point that all people living in villages are poor and tat they donot have access to coaching centres.. for eg the srv, ideal, type of schools lie in the rural belt and majority of the students enjoy good financial status.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:34 AM
  • yeah i completely agree with ranjeeth.. bulk of the ppl jus mug up in their 12th std...
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:25 AM

All replies

• well i guess many don want to comment on this why friends? its ur issue...
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:11 PM
  • i think entrance exam is a must for techical courses like engg and medicine which will decide the fate of the country..
    Friday, March 2, 2007 12:53 PM
  • yes by cancelling the entrance exams now.. the govt has done great injustice to the students and this years admission procedures is definitely going to be a bedlam
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:02 PM
  • the cet is must one for the technical educations

Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:13 PM
  • if the ten peoples will get same mark means then what will the government  do?

so the cet should be conducted
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:15 PM
  • And it seems every sensible person knows that CET is very much necessary. It is the real talent search which can filter out the 'read and vomit' people from those really suited for professional training. In addition to the great number of good engineers TN is gonna lose, this is also going to be a burden on the teachers. Even today, while a usual 'this year's students are worse than all their seniors' kind of talk among faculties, we overheard that they fear the next year's gonna be real worse. :)
    But the government and the people on the other side too have a valid point. The CET has (had?) opened up a great source of income for those 'training' institutions which the people at the village cannot afford. So it requires some innovative thinking to come up with an idea which makes a balance between a real talent search and a way of encouraging the rural area guys (and gals of course). May be it's we youth who can do this...

Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:37 PM
  • well sundar, u may be right. but i done agree with the point that all people living in villages are poor and tat they donot have access to coaching centres.. for eg the srv, ideal, type of schools lie in the rural belt and majority of the students enjoy good financial status.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:34 AM
  • i think the enterance exams ar important,,,we mug up all the things in 12th and write the exam get marks,,,atleast one exam we will apply our knowledge,,,this can decide the effeciency of an individual...
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:47 PM
  • yeah i completely agree with ranjeeth.. bulk of the ppl jus mug up in their 12th std...
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:25 AM
  • i am really amazed that what is happening to our country firstly the reservations in top institutions of INDIA and now the rule to abolish entrance test for technical corses,

i am definitely against this system of abolishing test, as the person who really deserves can only prove in a test.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:58 PM