none
Poster name not assigned to forum reply RRS feed

• Question

• I just posted a reply to a forum question a few minutes ago. When I checked the forum listing, the name of the poster was listed as : MigrationUser0

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/worddev/thread/617aafbf-3c80-4956-9613-fc6e9836feb8

When viewing the post, no icon is shown and I had to edit the message in order to have a signature.

I've never seen behavior like this, but I find it rather off-putting. On the one hand because I'm a moderator and the forum community won't see that a moderator has answered. An on the other because this message won't be accredited to me.

Note: I'm using Windows 7 and was automatically updated to IE10 yesterday, without being asked. I'm not particularly happy with the new interface - for example, the browser tabs don't always show the correct information (forum name). So I don't know whether this is a problem with the forum software or with IE10.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• The problem with MigrationUser0 has been reported a few times in the past (I think there was also a MigrationUser1), so it's not related to IE10 or Windows 7.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:48 PM
  • I've seen the same problem yesterday also. I am wondering what is happening with the forum's software. More and more new bugs are introduced and I do not see any promises of fixes :( Some functionality is gone and nobody told when it will be restored if either.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:12 PM
  • This is a known issue and being worked on.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:10 PM
    Owner