I Can't Get into My Money 2006 program RRS feed

• Question

• I had my a virus removed from my computer on 1-29-14.  I was able to get into money 2006 before that.  I had my password marked (remember password), so I always got in.  Now, when I got the computer back on 1-30-14, I could no longer get in with the previous password.  I got the message (incorrect password, or e-mail.  or server might be down for maintenance.  I went to (forget password), thinking I forgot it,  I changed my password several times, and money let me change it every time.  And I logged in to my personal information, each time.  But when I went back to the program to log in with the new changed password, that was approved, I keep getting the same message.  Either incorrect password, or server under maintenance.  All of my personal & business information is in there.  I need to get in there, Can anyone tell me what is happening?
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 2:02 PM

All replies

• Money no longer supports online services so it will not detect anything you do with you Microsoft password.

Unplug your network cable to disconnect from the internet.  Start Money and select log in offline.  Use the password that was in effect when the problem started, not any subsequent ones.  Once you are in, remove the password.  If this doesn't work, post back with just what happens when you try.

Bill Becker

Saturday, February 1, 2014 5:29 PM