none
Writing and Editing "Body"

Question

• I have editing problems when writing my questions and discussions in the Body space. When i press enter an error (script error) appears. I can only write on a single line. This is very difficult for explaining and writing software lines. Language i'm using is Visual basic 2010 express. Enzo Ternavasio

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:04 AM

Answers

• Should be supported browser. May need to try disabling any plug-ins / extensions to troubleshoot. Also try a different pc and or browser. I've not seen any recent reports of others having problems so it may be isolated to your desktop.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:49 PM
  • I am using Chrome without any problems here. My version is Version 56.0.2924.87. You may want to go to Help/About.

It sounds like it may be something specific on your computer which interferes with the normal operation of the site.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:15 PM

All replies

• Just be clear are you asking about MSDN TechNet forums posts or something to do with visual studio? If you're posting via some VS embedded object then try accessing forums directly.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:45 PM
  • Dear Patrick, i mean MSDN Forum.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Which browser you're using? Do you have any extensions installed? Did you try from another computer?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:51 PM
  • Ok, confusing as I did not understand why you mentioned using visual studio express. As Naomi suggests try a different pc and or browser to troubleshoot. IE needs to be at least version 9

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:56 PM
  • Dear friends, i use Chrome as browser. I've not verified on other computer but i've visited scores of other technical forums with no problems.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:43 PM
  • Should be supported browser. May need to try disabling any plug-ins / extensions to troubleshoot. Also try a different pc and or browser. I've not seen any recent reports of others having problems so it may be isolated to your desktop.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:49 PM
  • I am using Chrome without any problems here. My version is Version 56.0.2924.87. You may want to go to Help/About.

It sounds like it may be something specific on your computer which interferes with the normal operation of the site.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:15 PM
  • Thanks to all, i will investigate.
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:26 PM
  • I have editing problems when writing my questions and discussions in the Body space.

It sometimes happens in these forums that we can not use HTML so then you may be posting as if you were in the HTML editor.  Believe it or not when in that state it is possible to do stuff provided you do it all in raw HTML source.   In that case be aware that what you could do is open a new tab in Ask a question, do whatever normal composing you wanted to do that way, then instead of posting, click the HTML Edit button, capture your HTML source, then go back to the broken session and Paste it in.  FWIW I have been able to do Edits that way when needed.  However, usually what I would do is clone the first tab, and hope that the clone will perform better than the original.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, February 11, 2017 6:29 AM