none
Microsoft CA - keypair Public/Private (how to generate a keypair?) RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using our Microsoft CA to create SSL certs via CSR's for web interfaces, printer interfaces and iDracs (Dell remote management cards). I have over 100 Avaya switches that I am required to replace the SSL certs with certs from a Microsoft CA. The problem I am having is that I don't understand how to create them using the Microsoft CA we have. The instructions in the Avaya manual request a ke pair and gives an example of using a keypair generated from OpenSSL. The instructions from Avaya firmware manual are below. Is it possible to create this keypair using a Microsoft CA? If so how do I go about doing it? I must not be understanding something because I can't find anything on the web about this using google.

Avaya Manual (first few steps)

Importing certificates

In order to use SSL Server with CA-signed certificates, a key pair and a certificate must be

generated using an external tool, such as OpenSSL. Then you must import the key pair and the

identity certificate chain on the device using a USB drive or a SFTP server.

Use the following procedure to import a key pair.

1. Enter Global Configuration mode.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following:

certificate key <name> import { usb | sftp } filename

<remote_filename> [address <sftp_server_address>] [username

<sftp_username>] [unit <unit_number>]

………………………………...

Friday, June 15, 2018 10:23 PM

Answers