none
Moderators no longer are tagged as moderators RRS feed

• Question

• I no longer see the tag of Moderator on a moderator?

(also I still cannot start a question in IE9 but must start it in Chrome, anyone else seeing this issue?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• P.S.  I briefly see it in a forum as the page builds, but not after the page finishes generating.  I thought it used to be in view at all times?
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Okay weird, now it's showing.  Either i'm blind or something was not
    making it draw right this morning.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:52 PM
  • I take that back, I'm not seeing the word "moderator" again.  It's there
    for a brief moment and then not there.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:44 PM
  • Same here, I don't see the Moderator designation. I also have noticed the word "moderator" show up briefly before the avatar is loaded. This used to happen before as well.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:30 PM
  • Yes, it used to happen. E.g. sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't. I believe it's not a new problem.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Are either of you (or anyone) able to edit a reply and enter a reason? I cannot without a lot of work, especially if the reply I edit is not the last in the thread. For more detail, see this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/c86e7d36-a8b3-40a9-913f-99855d9e4ec6

And pasting url's is no picnic now.

This line added as a test. I cannot click in the Reason box to enter a reason, no matter what I do. The reason box and both buttons show up below Naomi's blue banner heading with the Avatar. I will not tab into the box to enter a reason. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with IE9.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:08 PM
  • I don't have a problem in Google Chrome Windows 7 64 bit.

My blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:27 PM
  • test
    reply with IE9

Richard - works.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:28 PM
  • User role  is showing up for me on chrome and ie9... This label thing used to be flaky but that was over six months ago. Richard, can you screen capture what the edit experience looks like for you. We can't reproduce it.

Community Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:03 AM
    Answerer
  • User role  is showing up for me on chrome and ie9... This label thing used to be flaky but that was over six months ago. Richard, can you screen capture what the edit experience looks like for you. We can't reproduce it.

Same. Works for me too.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:45 PM
    Owner
  • I just opened this thread from My Profile Activity page and none of the Moderator's labels are shown.

After I saved this thread, my own label showed, but none of the above. Also, the MS trademark showed right there 'My Blog' in the signature is.

Also, the gear icons are back. So, may be gear icons in TechNet and normal icons in MSDN?

My blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:00 PM
  • Brent, I cannot reply to your reply (another issue), but I just learned how to insert images. This thread has a few images that show what I see when I attempt to edit my reply:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/c86e7d36-a8b3-40a9-913f-99855d9e4ec6

I'm sure most users would not be able to add a reason if they experience what I do. I have no idea why I seem to be the only one with this problem. Maybe other people do have a similar experience, but just don't enter a reason.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:43 PM
  • BTW, I never enter a reason when I change my post. In most cases I want to add something extra (as now), in some fix typos in the text or code. 

My blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Same forum.  There.  Not there.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:47 AM
  • Same forum.  There.  Not there.

Check to see if the data is there but it is being suppressed by CSS?   E.g. what does  Alt-V,y,N  show in each case?

Oh.  I guess this TechNet forum proves that the data is not there.   E.g. neither Brent nor Ed appear as Administrator or Moderator in this thread, via TechNet but do via Microsoft and MSDN .   Is anyone in this thread originally just a TechNet moderator?

---

Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:47 PM
  • I'm a moderator in a TechNet forum (The Scripting Guys forum) and I do not see myself labeled as a moderator in my replies. I need to keep track in the future to see if I ever show up as moderator.

I just tried your suggestion to turn off styles, and moderator does not show up anywhere in my reply. I expected it to show, because in the past it seemed to be hidden behind the blue banner where the avatar shows. Not now.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:55 PM
  • I think the issue always clears up for me when I refresh.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:19 PM

@ Richard

I started out on the Microsoft side, then inserted TechNet after social, and saw the symptom.   Then pressed Ctrl-F5.   You're right.   That made most of the missing tags start to show--but not yours?   <eg>

---

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:45 PM

Is it thread-specific? I saw it on another thread but not this one.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:32 AM
    Owner
  • I don't see your moderator status right now. I came here from 'My Threads'

My blog

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:16 AM
  • I don't see your moderator status right now. I came here from 'My Threads'

My blog

I can't see it either. Grrr. I traveled here from an alert.

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:56 AM
    Owner
  • I can't see it either. Grrr. I traveled here from an alert.

Missed the Quote button. =^)

So it's okay right now. Still seeing this?

Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:53 AM
    Owner
  • Yes, we have a bug on this. Thanks

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:50 AM
    Answerer