After 4 years, Site disappear from USA SERP, Identified as spam? RRS feed

• Question

• My site spysweeper-download.com has disappeared from search results.

For more than 4 years, my website has been ranking well on msn.com and live.search.com (and the other leading search engines), among the first 3 positions for “spysweeper”, “spy sweeper”, spy sweeper download” and many other related keywords.  - But from August 10 has disappear from the first SERP. Moreover, I cannot find my site home page using any related search term.

The only that I can think is that my website was incorrectly identified as spam, or algo is changing.

I do not use any spam technics. My site content is true and his message clear. But I know that I have a lot of unethical competitors…, which may report my site as spam, as in the pass..

Please, I will appreciate very much if you can review my site, and if possible, re-insert my site in the possition that normally is.

Thanks very much for your assistance,

Tony Bonnet

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• I just did searches on "spysweeper" and on "spysweeper download" and your website appears in the top ten in both Google and Live.  Not in the top 3, but it certainly hasn't disappeared from the listing.

... Duane

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:35 AM
  • Duane,

Thanks very much for taking the time and check my site.

I have disappeared from the USA listing.

This depends on where your IP is located. I you check from Canada, probably you can see my home page at end of first SERP, as well from other countries. - The true is that I am not receiving any visit from August 10, 2008.

Thanks again, Tony

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:09 PM
  • You are not blocked, so there is no reason you would be removed from USA listings. In fact, we have around 130 pages indexed. However, I think you should review our Guidelines for successful indexing

Brett

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:38 PM
  •  

Brett thanks very much for your reply,

The true is that my site home page is not on USA index (just the /news.htm is in third serp page for some keywords).

I was constantly on 1st. position for "spysweeper", "spy sweeper free", "spy sweeper download" and others and in 3rd. position for "spy sweeper" keyword. My site was before "Download.con" and "Webroot.com" (software publisher).

I still in english speaking countries, now in position 7 to 9. but not in USA.-  I AM NOT RECEIVING ANY VISIT from MSN or Live Search to this site.

I have revised your Guidelines for successful indexing, but really, I can not find a real reason for my site to disappear in this way, just blowout.... , not in page one, two, three, or ten.

I only can think something is wrong, broke or removed manually...?

Tony

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:54 AM
  •  

I have read this post about MSN having problem with domains with hypens:

http://forums.microsoft.com/webmaster/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3768829&SiteID=79

Its possible that my domain spysweeper-download.com have been removed from MSN/Live Seach for the hypen?

If so, when this bug will be corrected?

Again, site has ranking well for 4 years, now its about 2 weeks that the site desappears from USA SERP. Any hope?

I am losing faith on MSN?, not really ;-), but I depend on my sites.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

That post was in reference to validating sites in the webmaster tools which has absolutely nothing to do with indexing or ranking. Using the 'site' operator, I show that we have around 120 pages indexed. As to why you dropped rank; each time we update the index, previous relevance rankings are revised. Therefore, you may notice a shift in your website's ranking.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:27 PM
  • Brett please, make me a favor,

Using only this two keyword “free spy sweeper” or “spysweeper”. Can you tell me in which SERP page is located the home page of my site, in the USA index?

I have navigated more than 50 pages and I cannot see my site on the first 500 results.

However, my site is in the first or second page in the other countries SERP (and in the other leading search engines too).

Please reply,

Thanks
    Tony Bonnet

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:28 AM
  •  Please review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked or penalized

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:29 PM