MS CRM 2015 outlook crm is not compatible with ms crm 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi CRM Folks,

I am trying to open email activity through outlook client. It opens but we are not able to edit it. Its optionset values, its text etc. 

FYI : User is administrator

If We opens it from bwoser (internet explorer & Google chrome), all things works fine.

FYI : MS CRM 2015 Server Version : 7.0.0.3543 and MS CRM 2015 outlook client version : 7.1.1.3113

Request you to all please help on it.

I have tried to install MS CRM outlook client version : 7.0.0.3543 from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=45015 but after download and install it shows version : 7.1.1.3113

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Gupta

Vivek gupta

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

• Version 7.1.1.3113 is CRM 2013 with Update Rollup 1 for Service Pack 1. I suspect Windows Update is updating the CRM for Outlook client on the PC. I don't think there is a problem with the client version 7.1.1.3113 working with server version 7.0.0.3543 though you might want to consider installing Server Pack 1 on your server.

Are you opening new emails or existing emails in the Outlook client?  Existing (sent) emails will always be read-only.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:25 PM

All replies

• Version 7.1.1.3113 is CRM 2013 with Update Rollup 1 for Service Pack 1. I suspect Windows Update is updating the CRM for Outlook client on the PC. I don't think there is a problem with the client version 7.1.1.3113 working with server version 7.0.0.3543 though you might want to consider installing Server Pack 1 on your server.

Are you opening new emails or existing emails in the Outlook client?  Existing (sent) emails will always be read-only.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Thanks Feridun for your valuable inputs. This was the small issue. I have not focus on it whereas I was focusing on logs,event viewer and traces and found the errors in trace file when clicked on email 'view in crm'.

Actually, we are migrating crm 2011 to crm 2013 and crm 2013 to crm 2015. Even with outlook crm 2011 to outlook crm client 2015.

Trace error is coming with crm 2013 and crm 2015 outlook client. Even we are not able to configure crm 2015 with our customization organization whereas default organization is successfully configured with crm 2015 outlook client.

With crm 2013 outlook client our customization organization is successfully configured and issues has been resolved.

Issue is with just enable the fields on email forms using JS.

Thanks Feridun for your valuable suggestion even I know that but it does not strike in my mind.

Could you please help me on below issue while configure with crm 2015 outlook client with customization organization. Here is the details :

Invalid Argument

context at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.MetadataCache.GetInstance(IOrganizationContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.ControlDescriptor.get_Metadata()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor.GetChildColumns()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor.AddHiddenControls(EntityMetadata entityMetadata)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor.InitializeObjectModel(XmlNode formNode, EntityMetadata entityMetadata, FormType formType)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor.Initialize(EntityMetadata entityMetadata, XmlNode formXml, Guid formId, FormType formType)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor..ctor(EntityMetadata entityMetadata, XmlNode formXml, Guid formId, FormType formType, Boolean isUserForm, Boolean isActive, IOrganizationContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.FormDescriptorLoader.LoadCacheData(FormDescriptorCacheKey key, IOrganizationContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmMultiOrgCacheBase`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmSharedMultiOrgCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)

Vivek gupta

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:18 AM