Better VGA Support RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've got a VGA device but text in many programs is too large (same size as QVGA devices).  There are some utilities out there that try to rectify this but as I understand not all applications are compatible.  Could we have better support of VGA (and higher) screen resolutions?

Thanks,

Krip

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:49 AM

Answers

• Actually, it all depends on the coders who've coded the applications. Some apps are high-res aware while some are not. Some can be hacked to VGA mode(Eg:adobe reader 2.0). This is called MUI hack, which can be done by Tweaks2k2.net app

Most of the popular apps make use of high-resolution. eg: IE, Opera, Adobe reader LE, adobe reader 2.0(after MUI hack), SPB insight etc

PS: if you mention the app, then, I can take a look at it and tell you whether it can be forced into high-resolution mode

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:50 AM

All replies

• Actually, it all depends on the coders who've coded the applications. Some apps are high-res aware while some are not. Some can be hacked to VGA mode(Eg:adobe reader 2.0). This is called MUI hack, which can be done by Tweaks2k2.net app

Most of the popular apps make use of high-resolution. eg: IE, Opera, Adobe reader LE, adobe reader 2.0(after MUI hack), SPB insight etc

PS: if you mention the app, then, I can take a look at it and tell you whether it can be forced into high-resolution mode

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Great answer kdskamal!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:39 PM
  • I plan to buy HTC Advantage X7501 (VGA display).  Does MS Mobile Office (Calendar, Contacts, Notes,...) make use of high-resolution?

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:45 AM