CRM 2011: Using Dynamics CRM outsideof United states RRS feed

• Question

• We have an employees that is out of the US and is having issues using CRM. My question is, does it work as fast outside the US as it should inside the US or in the office?<o:p></o:p>

This is the problem he is having. Any guidance would be helpful.<o:p></o:p>

Having serious problems with this today, trying to enter a contact into the system, the windows hangs for around 6 or 7 minutes then gives me a prompt for duplicate record.. so naturally I want to cancel the process but 4 or 5 windows open which never load and can’t be closed <o:p></o:p>

I had to eventually just leave it for 10 minutes or so before I lost patience and manually ended the task on the dynamics window<o:p></o:p>

I am not sure this is entirely useable outside of the US office LAN<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:29 PM

Answers

• CRM can be used outside the US.  But you need to keep in mind that the farther away the user is from the CRM server, the longer the lag for the connection.  This is likely what the user is experiencing.  If there is maintenance being done on the network, he may not be getting the most direct path.  There could also be issues where the hardware in the countries that the connection passes through doesn't have as high capacity or bandwidth as the rest of the line.

With the above in mind, you also need to realize that there are certain minimum bandwidth speeds recommended by Microsoft.  You can have the user install a third party tool called fiddler which will allow him to see how long it takes for the CRM packets.  Then check minimum bandwidth speeds for Microsoft.

You will also want to look at how the user is connecting if it is a bandwidth issue.  If he is wifi or if he is tethering to his cell phone, have him try connecting to a lan.

If the user meets the minimum requirements, you may consider looking at his hardware to ensure it also meets the recommended minimum.  Also, try having the user clear the browser cache and disable all unneeded browser add-ins.  These could also be culprits in the browser window hanging.  Perhaps have the user try using another browser as well (perhaps firefox).

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by wsilage Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:47 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:02 PM