Reinstalling onecare RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had one care running on a Vista machine with no problems and loved it. Today it would not turn on virus or up dates. As instructed by help? I removed it with the onecare cleaner and then was un able to reinstall. The download window presented a file that was unopenable. I had been running the free 90 day version with at least two months to go. If I go to subscrobe will I be able to re install onecare?
    Friday, February 1, 2008 4:03 PM

Answers

• There was a problem with the download for a short while today. If you try again it should work now.

-steve

Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:18 AM

All replies

• When Virus or updates get disabled, it indicates that your trial has expired. Are you sure that you still have 2 months left?

To re-install onecare, you should first uninstall the existing version. You can re-install OneCare as many times as you please, but it's optimized to only give you 90 days of free trial. The subscribe link allows you to pay for the OneCare service using your Credit Card. It is not a method for re-installation.

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:45 PM
  • If you can't open the downloaded installer after you uninstalled, subscribing will not change this. The subscriber download and the trial download are one and the same.

At what point does the download/install fail?

-steve

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:46 PM
  • When I try to reinstall by clicking the link below I get this

Do you want to save this file or find a program online to open it

Name: SetupOneCare

Type:  Unknown File Type 1.18 MB

then I can

Find Save or Cancel

but it won't run if saved

Friday, February 1, 2008 6:57 PM
  • There was a problem with the download for a short while today. If you try again it should work now.

-steve

Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:18 AM