Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed that all other Access Denied problems addressed in this forum seemed to be connected with either XP Pro or Vista, but mine is a simple XP to XP.

I am trying to use Sync2.0 to synchronize my Laptop with my Desktop. 
    Laptop is running Windows XP Media Center Edition, SP3 on a Dell Inspiron E1505. 
    Desktop is running Windows XP Home Edition, SP3 on a Dell Dimension 2400 with upgraded RAM. 

Since I was having access denied problems doing synchronize, I decided to try it with a simple Contribute of a small existing folder of files from laptop to desktop.  I created a test folder on the desktop called chucktest to which I tried to move these files.  Still get Access Denied.

Error message from log is:
    Error: Unknown error.  Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) 
    Copying C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\My Documents\Chuck\auto\Dealers.doc 
    to \\Pball\My Documents\chucktest\Dealers.doc

C: is local drive on laptop
    \\Pball is desktop
    Please note that both sides are within My Documents and both set as Shared.
    Files are NOT read only or have any other type of security or restrictions.  They were a normal creations from Microsoft Word.
    I am logged onto both machines with Administrative rights.

I am not even sure which side is being denied access.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this Access Denied problem? 

Chuck

Monday, December 29, 2008 9:40 PM

All replies

• Can you try to copy the C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\My Documents\Chuck\auto\Dealers.doc 
    to \\Pball\My Documents\chucktest\Dealers.doc manually in a command line window?

Because \\pball is a WinXP Home Edition, when you create a share, have you set "Allow network users to change my files" option?

Thanks

Monday, December 29, 2008 11:17 PM
    Answerer