none
[UWP][VB]WriteableBitmapEx and FromStream RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on updating some of my apps, and Visual Studio 2017 tells me that WriteableBitmap.FromStream is deprecated, and that I should use BitmapContext.FromStream instead. This would be fine, except that as best I can tell, BitmapContext does not have a FromStream method. FromStream is an extension method from WriteableBitmapEx, but I could not find any good documentation for it to help me figure out exactly what to do. My current code is:
    Me.WriteableBmp = Await New WriteableBitmap(1, 1).FromStream(imgstream)
    I figured I just needed to change it to:
    Me.WriteableBmp = Await New BitmapContext(New WriteableBitmap(1, 1)).FromStream(imgstream)
    But like I said, BitmapContext does not seem to have a FromStream method. For now I can obviously just leave it alone and use the deprecated method, but that obviously isn't the most appropriate thing for the long term. What should I do, or where can I get good documentation for WriteableBitmapEx? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

• Moved by Breeze Liu Monday, August 7, 2017 6:15 AM off topic
    Saturday, August 5, 2017 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan Sokalski,

The WriteableBitmapEx is not the official extension, we don't suppport it, you can ask this issue to the owner in the corresponding website.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 6:15 AM