Connect to CRM with Rollup 4 installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

is it possible to use an outlook client WITHOUT rollup 4 installed to connect to a CRM server WITH rollup 4 installed?
    Does it works fine-return errors-works bad?

Thanks to all!
    Marco
    Friday, June 5, 2009 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Marco,

The recommendation is that you apply the update for the server + client + email router. (I guess you know this much already).
    Having said that  I have been able to run the client with rollup 3 and with rollup 4 applied on the server without any issues. Of course there is no guarantee this will work for you aswell.

Recommendation:

- Apply the rollup on the server in out of office hours or weekend and test a client. Remember you can uninstall the update. (Be sure to backup your database).
    - You can apply the client update via group policy. This is save you from installing it individually on each users machine.
    - Be sure to apply the update for the email router too.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Friday, June 5, 2009 8:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Marco Ray._ Friday, June 5, 2009 9:21 AM
    Friday, June 5, 2009 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

The recommendation is that you apply the update for the server + client + email router. (I guess you know this much already).
    Having said that  I have been able to run the client with rollup 3 and with rollup 4 applied on the server without any issues. Of course there is no guarantee this will work for you aswell.

Recommendation:

- Apply the rollup on the server in out of office hours or weekend and test a client. Remember you can uninstall the update. (Be sure to backup your database).
    - You can apply the client update via group policy. This is save you from installing it individually on each users machine.
    - Be sure to apply the update for the email router too.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Friday, June 5, 2009 8:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Marco Ray._ Friday, June 5, 2009 9:21 AM
    Friday, June 5, 2009 8:44 AM
  • Hi Hassan,

thanks a lot for your response!
    It's the information I was searching for.

Marco
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:22 AM