none
LINPACK and Domain Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I have found that linpack can be run on windows hpc cluster (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/How2BuildLinpack). However, I am quite confused. It needs to be installed on simply a client pc or the head node?

Second question, if i have a pc link to the network which consists the cluster, but my pc is using workgroup (different workgroup and different domain with the headnode). Can i still submit job to the cluster?

Friday, August 6, 2010 9:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1) It is better for you to use LIZARD (LInpack wiZARD) from Microsoft. It is very useful tool that provides a GUI interface. So you can download this with HPC Tool SDK 2008. It is needed to install this on Headnode only.

2) is your PC a part of a cluster? If not than you can connect to your Headnode via RDP (note that you have to add your domain name to hostname and login) and submit job to the cluster.

Friday, August 6, 2010 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1) It is better for you to use LIZARD (LInpack wiZARD) from Microsoft. It is very useful tool that provides a GUI interface. So you can download this with HPC Tool SDK 2008. It is needed to install this on Headnode only.

2) is your PC a part of a cluster? If not than you can connect to your Headnode via RDP (note that you have to add your domain name to hostname and login) and submit job to the cluster.

Friday, August 6, 2010 2:45 PM
  • Hi, 

1) I have done some research on LIZARD and found that it is a part of Windows HPC Server 2008 R2. I am not using R2 now, so is there other possible way for me to get it?

2) So, things would be easier if they are in same domain right?

Thanks.

Saturday, August 7, 2010 1:37 AM