none
Does the Enter key now always produce a line feed only? RRS feed

• Question

• If I try to mark some lines (paragraphs made with Enter) and select one of the list format buttons, the entire text is handled as one paragraph.
      Not nice.
      Example:
      Line one: Hitting Enter now, marked block started in the beginning of this line.
      Line two: The new forums are harder to read due to the font.
      Line three: This is the end of the selected block.
    • Edit: And the list sign is only visible in Edit mode!
      Best greetings from Germany
      Olaf Engelke
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:53 PM

Answers

• Part of what we've done with this release is to try to be more in line with the host scheme (MSDN or Expression for instance). We'll certainly look at features that help improve the forums and have discussed things such as display font size prefences. If you have thoughts/suggestions for what you'd like, let us know.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    http://twitter.com/robjoh
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:31 PM

All replies

• Looks like the never-ending problems with IE's <p> paragraph markup.  The post editor is inserting <br/> when Enter is pressed, just like Firefox does.  But IE requires <p></p> to correctly turn a line into a list item.  It works fine in FF.  One temporary workaround I see is to click the list toolbar button, then start typing the list items.

I press Ctrl+Plus twice to make the small font legible.  Works in IE too.
    Hans Passant.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:47 PM
  • I also wonder, what all this design with low contrast is about.
    For me it makes the forums much harder readable and causes headache.
    Do those, who make these interfaces, only care about design, but not about ergonomy?
    Its the same problem which makes the difference between Windows Mail in Vista and Windows Live Mail. The later has more functionality, but is much harder readable, and the forums do now follow this trend unless there is a hidden option to customize the font used etc.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:10 PM
  • Part of what we've done with this release is to try to be more in line with the host scheme (MSDN or Expression for instance). We'll certainly look at features that help improve the forums and have discussed things such as display font size prefences. If you have thoughts/suggestions for what you'd like, let us know.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    http://twitter.com/robjoh
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:31 PM
  • Rob:

I think that settings in My Settings for font size in the editor and (independently) for the page as a whole would be a good idea.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:08 AM