i do not understand something and i need some help RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi

i nid some help about the laptop space

i buy a computer that have 120GB of space but why the C drive only appear 55.8GB wat i am kind of need more space is there a way that i can use more than the 55.8GB? hope that someone will help me thank you

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:14 AM

Answers

• this is actually fairly normal.

if you were to buy a 120GB hard drive right now, the chances are you would only have access to about 110GB, you never ever get the full amount!

As for your situation, its also possible that there is a hidden recovery partition on your computer which contains files and software in the event of a problem.

Your best bet to get an proper answer is to contact the people who sold you the laptop and ask them to clarify.

Andrew

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:28 AM

All replies

• This is the Windows Home Server forum and is not the place to ask your question.

Do you also have a D or E drive? Its likely that even though your laptop has a 120Gb drive that it is partioned.

If you are not sure you should go back to where you bought the laptop and ask them.

Andrew

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:21 AM
  •  

oh i am sorry i do not know who to ask that is why sorry

i hope u could help me again,i did haf a D drive but no a E, another thing is that even when i add up my C and D it still does not meet 120GB

hope u could help and sorry

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:25 AM
  • this is actually fairly normal.

if you were to buy a 120GB hard drive right now, the chances are you would only have access to about 110GB, you never ever get the full amount!

As for your situation, its also possible that there is a hidden recovery partition on your computer which contains files and software in the event of a problem.

Your best bet to get an proper answer is to contact the people who sold you the laptop and ask them to clarify.

Andrew

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:28 AM