WHS Console Window will not resize or maximize RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS console window before or after logging in, will not resize or maximize.  All other windows work fine.  This windows previously worked properly as well.  I tried to delete the connector and reinstall but it saved all the previous settings so that didn't help.  Would also like to get an update to the WHSconnectorinstall.exe file to replace perhaps bad one on WHS but can't find a current updated one.  Thanks

• Moved by Leo Huang Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:51 AM (From:Windows 7 User Interface)
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:18 PM software questions (From:Windows Home Server & Windows Home Server "Vail" Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to contact Windows Home Server Forum for further help:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowshomeserver/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:39 AM
  • The WHS console window before or after logging in, will not resize or maximize.  All other windows work fine.  This windows previously worked properly as well.  I tried to delete the connector and reinstall but it saved all the previous settings so that didn't help.  Would also like to get an update to the WHSconnectorinstall.exe file to replace perhaps bad one on WHS but can't find a current updated one.  Thanks

The inability to resize or maximize the console is by design. It's an application running on the server rather than the client. All that's running on the client is a remote desktop session displaying that program with all chrome removed.

As for the connector installer, it should be accessible from your server: http://<server>:55000. Are you saying it isn't?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:23 PM