OCS RTM --> R2 migration problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am in the process of migrating from OCS 2007 RTM with enterprise voice and CS1K to OCS 2007 R2 and things were going smoothly until we started to test interaction with RTM users and R2 users.

I have three test users on the R2 server (R2a, R2b and R2c).  Two were created on there as new users, one was migrated from the RTM server and a whole heap of users still exist on the RTM server obviously.  

This all works:

R2a calls RTM
    R2a calls R2b
    RTM calls R2a
    R2a calls R2b - transfer to R2c
    R2a calls RTM - transfer to RTM
    R2a calls RTM - transfer to R2b
    PSTN calls R2a - transfer to RTM
    PSTN calls R2a - transfer to R2b

This doesn't work:

RTM calls R2a - transfers to R2b
    RTM calls R2a - transfer to RTM

So basically whenever an RTM user calls an R2 user the R2 user is unable to transfer that call anywhere.  I need to stage the user migration (I'm not brave enough to migrate all users at once!) therefore I need to be able to tranfer calls made from an RTM user to an R2 user...

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:46 AM

All replies

• More details:

The error message that we recieve when transferring is:

Office Communicator 2007 R2 Error ID: 500

Details
    Product: Office Communicator 2007
    Version: 3.0
    Source: Office Communicator Client
    ID: 500

Explanation

The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Cause

One of the possible causes of Error Message 500 is that you attempted to transfer a call to a user that Communicator could not locate. For example:

• The person you were transferring ended the call before the transfer was complete.
    • The user is not signed in to Communicator.

Resolution

Try to contact the user later. Also, ensure that the user that you are attempting to transfer a call to is a member of your company's Office Communications Server or is a federated contact.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:55 PM
  • I patched all RTM servers with latest patches and restarted and all is working fine now...  I also installed the R2 cert on the RTM mediation server.  Not sure which step resolved this issue!
    Monday, August 3, 2009 8:32 PM