Questions about CWA, OCS07, & LM RRS feed

• Question

• Can Communicator Web Access be configured to use TCP over port 5060 or any port I choose instead of the default MTLS over port 5061? I want CWA to communicate with OCS this way. Also can Live Meeting 2007 work without a certificate? Can Live Meeting be setup to work over TCP. I have gone through all Office communication Server 2007 documentation, searched online and have not found  info on these questions anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Friday, January 4, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

• If you fire up the LiveMeeting 2007 client and select Tools - User Accounts, you can see where you set your poolname and whether or not it is TCP/TLS.

Jason Collier

Monday, January 26, 2009 10:21 PM
  • In OCS Server to Server Communications is always with TLS. So for your first question you can not have CWA and OCS FE talk on 5060. YOu have to have 5061 MTLS. For second question you can have Live meeting work with 5060 but in OCS FE you have to add the 5060 TCP port. Looking at your enviornment you have to have MTLS anyway so it will not make any sence to go for TCP for live meeting. Moreover TCP is not secured and many network devices can truncate the sip packets if you use TCP.
    Jithendranath Reddy
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:35 AM