Windows Update (Automatic) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Ok 3 weeks ago i wa sgetting kileld with pop ps - i downloaded Windows LIve - and ranit and the pop up stopped.  Last night the websites where loadig evry slowly an dthen a load of pops up started.  Iran windows live and it found a few trojans - iu cleaned them up;.

I keep getting an report that i aam at rik beicase my windows update is not on autoatic.  When i check the conttrol panel it is saying that its ste for automatic, in windows liveits saying Off and that i can't stei t up for uatomatic

I ran a serv.msc and saw that they where all diabled.  I enabled tem to automatic but it saying it needs C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs  to run- i thikn that is my problem.  And ii trie dto manually update Windows it won' allow me

Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:38 PM

Answers

• Alex,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum. If you believe you are infected, please contact support.

Start Here:

1.       Open OneCare by Double Clicking the OneCare Icon in the Taskbar.

2.       Click Get help with OneCare

3.       Click Show me more topics

4.       Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

5.       Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

6.       Click Get support

7.       Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

8.        Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:53 PM

All replies

• Alex,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum. If you believe you are infected, please contact support.

Start Here:

1.       Open OneCare by Double Clicking the OneCare Icon in the Taskbar.

2.       Click Get help with OneCare

3.       Click Show me more topics

4.       Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

5.       Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

6.       Click Get support

7.       Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

8.        Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:53 PM
  • I moved your post to the Antivirus topic folder due to the infection references in your post. Rick's instruction to contact support is the way to go for this part of the problem. They can also help you with the Windows Update/AU issue that you are experiencing.

Alternatively, go to the Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527 regarding the WU/AU issue.

-steve

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:06 PM