OCS and Federating with MS live messenger system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we are using OCS and federating with MS live messenger system
    we don't have any problem about add contacts which are have @hotmail.com, @msn.com adress
    but we can't add lvie messenger users which have other domains in their live messenger account
    for example xx@yy.com
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to enter the SIP address in this format:  xx(yy.com)@msn.com

See this blog article for more details: http://blogs.technet.com/toml/archive/2006/10/26/how-do-you-add-a-user-that-doesn-t-have-a-passport-domain.aspx

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by dgormusoglu Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:48 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:46 PM
  • thank you for fast answer :)
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:48 PM
  • I have the same problem but when I try to add contact from OCS client it gives "Address is not valid" error.
    Error description is, "The address you type is not valid. Valid address use the format username@domain (someone@example.com)"
    I'm trying to add xx(yy.com)@msn.com address

Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:18 PM

• Hello Tanzer

Are you able to implement a "normal" MSN account into MOC? If you do not have one just create one and test it with this new account. This is the first I would try on your side.

The article mentioned above is a very old one. From my experince ite was not necessary to use the format mentioned in the article there. I have successfully implemneted a Live Id like name@company.com into MOC, even there it shows now up the format mentioned in the article above: name(company.com)@msn.com.

Try to do a new invitation from your Live-ID account to your MOC account. This way it worked for me.

Cheers
    Werner
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:05 PM
  • Hi Werner,
    Yes I can add normal a MSN user which have @hotmail.com or @msn.com account. I use 2007R2 OCS client (3.5.6907.37). I suppose, the client is rejecting the format. It is just giving error
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Hi Tanzer

Then try it as I suggested and delete all the references you have already in you Live-ID console and make a new invitation to the MOC account without using this format. I had to wait a while until it was visible in MOC, so be patient.

If this does not work, please give feedback again.

HTH

Cheers
    Werner
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:39 PM