OCS in SIP environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to integrate OCS 2007 into existing SIP infrastructure using existing SIP proxy. With appropriate configuration of Routing and Host Authorization options in "Front End Properties" I am able to make a call from OCS2007 client to any SIP client (no need for any additional servers like AccessEdge, Mediation server). Unfortunately I am not able to make a call from SIPclient to OCS user. Is there any solution which would not require additional servers?

Thanks.

Regards, Rudi.

Monday, May 7, 2007 9:43 AM

Answers

• Rudi,

I will need to ask you some specific questions about your OCS / LCS coexistence.

1. Are you using a LCS 2005 Access Proxy for remote user / federation access or are you using a LCS 2005 proxy as descibed in a branch office scenario? The later will allow localized SIP users to access a remote SIP environment. This method is very seldom used.

2. Our supported deployment for OCS 2007 w/ federation and remote user access is as follows:

a. The LCS 2005 Access Proxy will be replaced first with a OCS 2007 Access Edge sever that will be hosted in a perimeter network. The LCS 2005 Access Proxy can be deactivated then removed from the server. The existing certificates can remain on the server and they can be reused w/ the OCS 2007 edge server deployment. During this process you can replace an existing LCS 2005 Director w/ a OCS 2007 Director if needed.

b. Prior to step A yopu must apply the latest LCS 2005 SP1 updates to the LCS 2005 EE or SE servers. KB911996 and KB921543 to provide OCS 2007 SIP extensiion compatibility to the existing LCS 2005 FE severs

c. Once federation is working using the OCS 2007 edge sever and LCS 2005 clients / LCS 2005 FE servers then you can add the OCS 2007 Access servers.

So please let me know exactly what your existing environment consists of and what your overall goal is with OCS 2007. Then we will be on the same page.

Thanks,

Mike Adkins  OCS beta support team

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:10 AM

All replies

• Rudi,

I will need to ask you some specific questions about your OCS / LCS coexistence.

1. Are you using a LCS 2005 Access Proxy for remote user / federation access or are you using a LCS 2005 proxy as descibed in a branch office scenario? The later will allow localized SIP users to access a remote SIP environment. This method is very seldom used.

2. Our supported deployment for OCS 2007 w/ federation and remote user access is as follows:

a. The LCS 2005 Access Proxy will be replaced first with a OCS 2007 Access Edge sever that will be hosted in a perimeter network. The LCS 2005 Access Proxy can be deactivated then removed from the server. The existing certificates can remain on the server and they can be reused w/ the OCS 2007 edge server deployment. During this process you can replace an existing LCS 2005 Director w/ a OCS 2007 Director if needed.

b. Prior to step A yopu must apply the latest LCS 2005 SP1 updates to the LCS 2005 EE or SE servers. KB911996 and KB921543 to provide OCS 2007 SIP extensiion compatibility to the existing LCS 2005 FE severs

c. Once federation is working using the OCS 2007 edge sever and LCS 2005 clients / LCS 2005 FE servers then you can add the OCS 2007 Access servers.

So please let me know exactly what your existing environment consists of and what your overall goal is with OCS 2007. Then we will be on the same page.

Thanks,

Mike Adkins  OCS beta support team

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:10 AM
  • Hi Rudi,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? If you have found a resolution, can you share it with the forums? If not, can you provide the information requested by Mike? Thanks.

Monday, June 4, 2007 8:43 PM
  • Hi RudiS,

We would like to help you out, please provide the requested information and we will do what we can.

Thanks,

Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:50 PM
  • Due to the lack of response to this thread, it has been locked and marked as closed.

Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:56 PM