none
70-642 RRS feed

• Question

• I was up for a new position for the company I work for, but did not get the job, because of my lack of microsoft certs. When researching exams, all the pre-reqs suggest 1 or more years of hands on experience. How in the heck am I suppose to get the hands on experience without an opportunity. Any suggestions? and is it possibly to get become an MCITP without the hands on experience?

Frustrated

Monday, October 10, 2011 11:42 AM

Answers

• The "hands on experience" part in the exam is only a suggestion. There is nothing to stop you from getting the certification even if you do not have on-the-job experience. It is perfectly possible to set up a test environment by means of virtual machines hosted in a personal computer, and this will give you enough hands-on experience to pass the exam, as long as you study all the subject material.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:00 PM

All replies

• The "hands on experience" part in the exam is only a suggestion. There is nothing to stop you from getting the certification even if you do not have on-the-job experience. It is perfectly possible to set up a test environment by means of virtual machines hosted in a personal computer, and this will give you enough hands-on experience to pass the exam, as long as you study all the subject material.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:00 PM
  • First of all, you can have the hands on experience. Try Technet Virtual Labs. This will give you enough experience to understand and pass virtual labs in the exam. Like Alberto noted, that was only a suggestion. So  go on and pursue your 70-642. One advice though - at the same time prepare for 70-640, this will greatly increase your chances on both.

Besides, your attitude towards the exam is great, as I know for sure there is a whole country in the world (but I am not racist, so won't name it), where MCITPs haven't seen Windows Server 2008 until the exam.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:46 PM