Dynamics CRM, when should use two organizations instead of adding new different workflows on same organization RRS feed

• Question

• Current: If I have currently one CRM organization on the production server which contains (orders, order services, invoices, ....., custom entities) and use some workflows and workflow activities and custom web pages and plugin and each entity status& status reason depend on the workflow and user action.

New: now want to add a new different work flows between same entities with adding some services , products , fields and hide some fields from the same entities, and also use new entities (quotation and contract). But there are overlapping between (customers, accounts, contacts, users on active directory (with different security roles) )

question: what is the solution prefered,

1- use same current organization, with adding new workflows on same entities, with adding scripts to hide/show non overlapping fields

2- Add a new organization contains same entities with non overlapping entities, and integrate wiht the current organization to use the overlapping work flows?

Take in your consideration that :

a) many changes may be needed on the two org.

b) same user have different permission on the same entity according to selected service

c) flow of entity statuses different from the two org.

Appreciate fast reply

thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Noha,

I will suggest you to same organization instead of creating new organization just because of the another customization that you need to do,you can configure/customize existing organization only to fulfill your requirement.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:04 AM
  • Thanks for fast reply,

But let me know what about overlapping workflow in one organization if i can call old woekflow from the new workflow to avoid changing into 

both workflowfor future changes.?

Also how can we avoid update existing scripts to do the old function for old services only with minimum  updates

Also i need to ask about if using many workflows in one org. Prefered or have disadvantages , than distrobuting them on two org.?

Thanks

Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:06 AM
  • (b) is your problem and would tend to mean you need two orgs, or a great deal of customization / code to try and enforce this.

Otherwise I would tend towards a single org if you can, so look at what you can do to design out this requirement (eg use two different entities, instead of the same one)

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:40 AM
  • Thanks for your support

Do you have any related articles to help me in that issue?

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:46 PM