locked
Any thoughts on how XP SP3 broke Remote Connect? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hey all. I have an XP desktop running XP SP3 (Build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111) which is not a beta but the final version. Anyway, when I try to connect via remote I get 2 errors, the first just says "Undefined" and the second says "You should allow Active X controlls in your browser". Nothing that I am aware of has changed with reguards to the security settings in IE and as far as I can tell everything is set to allow active x. Also when I try to connect to the actual server, after I enter the password, it says I need to add the site to my trusted sites list. Only problem is that it is already there. Has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea's? Thanks!

     

    Craig

    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:51 PM

Answers

  • Craig,

    It appears to be a 'known' problem for some installations of SP3.

    Firstly, open IE7 and then to Tools-- Internet Options--Advanced-- Reset Internet Explorer Settings and select 'reset'.

    If that doesn't work, you need to go to manage add-on tab and enable "Microsoft RDP client control" activeX.

     

    Try that and let us know,

     

    Colin

    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:03 PM

All replies

  • Craig,

    It appears to be a 'known' problem for some installations of SP3.

    Firstly, open IE7 and then to Tools-- Internet Options--Advanced-- Reset Internet Explorer Settings and select 'reset'.

    If that doesn't work, you need to go to manage add-on tab and enable "Microsoft RDP client control" activeX.

     

    Try that and let us know,

     

    Colin

    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:03 PM
  • I had already tried resetting the IE settings but I did not enable the Terminal Services add-on. I did and everything looks great. Thanks very much for the answer!!!!!

     

    Craig

    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:53 PM