none
PlayReady supported players

Question

• Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question.

I've some URLs of encrypted content available with me which I want to play using any Desktop Or Web application. The DRM scheme used for content protection is PlayReady. I've the required DRM keys with me as well. I'm looking for a player application in which I can specify the URL and select the DRM key so that the encrypted content could be played.

Does anyone know if there's an opensource player available for the above use? 

vraj010

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:52 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

I've some URLs of encrypted content available with me which I want to play using any Desktop Or Web application. The DRM scheme used for content protection is PlayReady. I've the required DRM keys with me as well. I'm looking for a player application in which I can specify the URL and select the DRM key so that the encrypted content could be played.

vraj010

Good day vraj010,

>> I'm not sure if this is the right forum... using any Desktop Or Web application

Microsoft MSDN and TechNet forums organized by Languages, categories, and field of discussions as you can see in this list. In order to find the right forum you first need to chose the if you want to use Desktop Or Web application :-)

Once you have the answer to this we can help you find the best forum or you search for on in the list I mentioned above.

As much as I can understand your issue, it's not related to windows but to one of the developing technologies according to the answer to the question, do you want to create a Desktop Or Web application

If the answer is web application then your best option is to use the Asp.Net forums, which are not part of MSDN and TechNet forums (Don't ask me why, but all about asp.net has a separate website under https://forums.asp.net/).

You can find the Microsoft asp.net forums in this link:
    https://forums.asp.net/

* There are forums for local languages (other then English) for asp.net and web development under the msdn and technet interface, but the English forums are part of the asp.net website.

If the answer is Desktop application, then there are lot of different technologies which you can use and there lot of different forums according to these. You should not give us more information about your background in order to find the best technologies that might fit your need. Here are some options for Desktop technologies forums:

I hope this is useful
    Almost forgot... Welcome to the TechNet forums :-)

P.s.

For these who are not familiar with PlayReady or need starting point, here is a short explanation from wikipedia: PlayReady is a media file copy prevention technology from Microsoft that includes encryption, output protection and digital rights management (DRM). It was announced in February 2007. And here is the official website for more information: https://www.microsoft.com/playready/overview/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:50 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

vraj010

Good day vraj010,

>> I'm not sure if this is the right forum... using any Desktop Or Web application

Microsoft MSDN and TechNet forums organized by Languages, categories, and field of discussions as you can see in this list. In order to find the right forum you first need to chose the if you want to use Desktop Or Web application :-)

Once you have the answer to this we can help you find the best forum or you search for on in the list I mentioned above.

As much as I can understand your issue, it's not related to windows but to one of the developing technologies according to the answer to the question, do you want to create a Desktop Or Web application

If the answer is web application then your best option is to use the Asp.Net forums, which are not part of MSDN and TechNet forums (Don't ask me why, but all about asp.net has a separate website under https://forums.asp.net/).

You can find the Microsoft asp.net forums in this link:
    https://forums.asp.net/

* There are forums for local languages (other then English) for asp.net and web development under the msdn and technet interface, but the English forums are part of the asp.net website.

If the answer is Desktop application, then there are lot of different technologies which you can use and there lot of different forums according to these. You should not give us more information about your background in order to find the best technologies that might fit your need. Here are some options for Desktop technologies forums:

I hope this is useful
    Almost forgot... Welcome to the TechNet forums :-)

P.s.

For these who are not familiar with PlayReady or need starting point, here is a short explanation from wikipedia: PlayReady is a media file copy prevention technology from Microsoft that includes encryption, output protection and digital rights management (DRM). It was announced in February 2007. And here is the official website for more information: https://www.microsoft.com/playready/overview/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:21 PM