none
Redistributable HHActiveX.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find the latest Redistributable HHActiveX.dll

As per documentation, this file is required to be registered on client PC to view Gloassary tab in .CHM file.

The DLL is no more distributed with OS anymore. Hence want to know the authentic source to download HHActiveX.dll

The issue that we are facing is:

• The Glossary tab and its content is not visible to the users who have not registered the said dll. This is a major issue as the client cannot tell their customers to register the dll first to view glossary and its content in context sensitive help (which is a chm form of help).  We want to download the DLL and integrate it in our installer.

Support URL:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#chms

Thursday, October 3, 2019 12:17 PM

All replies

• why do you ask this in the forum ".NET Framework > Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)"?
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:15 PM
  • Since I am working on WPF app and trying to redistribute help file activex control. This is a nearest match as I could not find any specific category for redistribution of DLLs. Please point me to right forum.
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Hi ameysunm,

>This is a nearest match as I could not find any specific category for redistribution of DLLs. Please point me to right forum.

You could go to windows Community where you may be assisted better to ask your question.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 4, 2019 9:11 AM
  • From what I have read it appears that HHActiveX.dll is a binary provided by Adobe in connection with its RoboHelp product.

You may find the following to be helpful - https://community.adobe.com/t5/RoboHelp/Redistributable-rights-for-HHActiveX-dll/td-p/400451

Friday, October 4, 2019 11:44 AM