"Disk Boot failure-insert system disk and press enter" HDD not detected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting a "
    Disk Boot failure-insert system disk and press enter" message on my computer.

The hard drive is not detected in the BIOS but I plugged it into a different computer and it was detected and working fine. The screen is also very 'wavy', there's like 100 waves going horizontally across
    the screen.

I tried putting in the recovery disk, tried opening up the recovery console, all to no avail.

Anyone know what's going on?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Friday, February 6, 2009 1:08 AM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum. If your quesiton is about a computer that you've backed up and restored using Windows Home Server, could you provide more detail about the problem? If your problem doesn't relate to Windows Home Server, the Microsoft Communities area would be a better place to start.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 6, 2009 1:10 AM

All replies

• This is the Windows Home Server forum. If your quesiton is about a computer that you've backed up and restored using Windows Home Server, could you provide more detail about the problem? If your problem doesn't relate to Windows Home Server, the Microsoft Communities area would be a better place to start.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 6, 2009 1:10 AM
  • Sorry, my apologies
    Friday, February 6, 2009 1:11 AM