Winss.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Having read most of the solutions to the winss.exe problem I have found only one solution, uninstall Windows Live Onecare and use a different Antivirus package.

I tried all the suggestions I could with no improvement. I did not have any 'peer to peer' settings actuated so could not turn them off. I uninsulated Onecare and reinstalled several times all with the same result, my computer totally blocked by winss.exe. 

When will Microsoft accept that there is a problem with Onecare and not try to sign up more people to a system which obviously causes many problems?
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm sorry One Care did not work for you. If you decide to try One Care again, support can usually help resolve winss.exe issues. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:20 AM
  •  Country Lass wrote:
    When will Microsoft accept that there is a problem with Onecare and not try to sign up more people to a system which obviously causes many problems?

I can't speak for the percentage of users encountering problems with winss.exe, but since the problem was address in December of last year, following the initial release of 2.0, it is rarely reported here and typically due to a conflict or service issue on the PC. If it were truly widespread, it would be a very hot topic here in the forums.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:52 PM