How can Live Writer Indent / Outdent ?

• I've been using Live Writer for a week or so now, and I'm really hooked as the preview (and other options) are so slick. But my question is this - can Live Writer do indenting / outdenting without the use of code?

I use wordpress - and for example - if I'm using bullet lists (as I often do), I like to be able to make sub-bullet lists through the use of indenting. (The same would go for sub-numbering) This is very simple if I bypass Live Writer and I'm logged into the webend of the wordpress admin page (wp-admin). If you show the "Kitchen Sink" when you're making a new post, or editing an existing one, there's an INDENT and OUTDENT button.

I find this invaluable for the kind of posting I do, and I was wondering if there's any way to do indenting and outdenting in Live Writer? I certainly hope that there will be buttons for these in the future.. Maybe there already are and I'm just not aware of it?

But any help on the topic would certainly help.

I'm really hoping Live Writer can be the all-in-one solution I've been hoping for, and as of now - I'm an indent/outdent away.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:50 AM

All replies

• Within a list you can use Tab key to increase the indent and Shift+Tab to outdent.

If you use Tab on a paragraph it will create a block quote.
    Friday, February 05, 2010 8:22 PM
  • In my case a BLOCK quote is NOT what I wanted, I wanted an indent; my theme QUOTES and Colorizes my block quotes.

To actually get Windows Live Writer to do an INDENT properly you can use a nice little tool called.
    Dynamic Templates

You can do other things too; quite configurable to various things Windows Live Writer doesn't do by default.

I use this to INDENT text:
    <p style="margin-left:.5in;text-indent:-.5in"><br /><%= _selection %></p>

Download here:

Hope this helps.

L. Henry Jr.
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:09 AM