Lost ability to switch users--in Win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• A month or two ago I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home.  Later, as I was fishing around for some administrative controls, I managed to lose the capability of switching users.  The change users option now does not come up at all, and at initial sign on I only have the one option--to sign on as myself.  I do have another User defined--one that used to be able to sign on. 

I have two questions:

1)  Does anyone know what I can do to restore the change users ability ?

2)  If I can not do that, and if, therefore, I have to re-install Windows, how do I go about it.  

What I don't have is anything to do with Windows--beyond the original sales slip from Best Buy.  It had Windows 8 when I bought it, which I upgraded to Windows 8.1, and then eventually to Windows 10. 
            The system info has Edition (Windows 10 Home), Version (1511), OS Build (10586.71), Product ID (actual letters and numbers here replaced with x's: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx), Processor (Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz  3.00 GHz, Installed RAM  (8.00GB (7.87 usable)), System type (64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.  and sub-menu that has activation and product key info .  

So, I have no Product Key--UNLESS the "Product ID" is the Key? and no installation disc.  Is it ?  Under "Activation" it gives the Windows Edition as Windows 10 Home, Activation--"Windows is activated", Product Key--"Windows 10 on this device is activated with a digital entitlement."

I would most appreciate answers to either--or, better yet, both question(s).  Thanks much !

• Moved by Just Karl Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:39 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Technical Queries' forum is for posts Related to technical / coding / programming related issues as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl