Change the default base calendar for all synced resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

My project server's resources is set to sync from Active Directory. All resources are sync with the setting of Base Calendar are set to Standard.

How can I change this behaviour to set the Base Calendar to another one for existed and future resources?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no way to configure a default calendar. The standart (out of the box) calendar will be choosen by default for the newly created resources. As I said in my post, you can create an admin view with resources with no calendar, edit those resources in Project Pro and bulk assign the appropriate calendar. This is part of the admin job when a resource is created such as the RBS, the resource custom fields, the rate, the security group (eventually sync).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by EternalSnow Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The existing resource calendars can be easily changed in Project Pro across all selected resources (Resource Center > select one or multiple resource > Open in Project Pro). If you do not want to go through the these steps on a regular basis then you can attach some code to the Resource > Created in order to update the base calendar when the resource are created

Hope this helps

Paul

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:12 AM
  • Indeed I would follow Paul's advice. You could easily create a resource center view which is only associated to the admin category and filtered on resources with no calendar. Using this view in the resource center, just select all resources, open in Project Pro, select the calendar for the first resource and extend (like in Excel) the selection until the last resource.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Thanks. How to set it as default for future synced account?
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

There is no way to configure a default calendar. The standart (out of the box) calendar will be choosen by default for the newly created resources. As I said in my post, you can create an admin view with resources with no calendar, edit those resources in Project Pro and bulk assign the appropriate calendar. This is part of the admin job when a resource is created such as the RBS, the resource custom fields, the rate, the security group (eventually sync).

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by EternalSnow Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Thanks a lot.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:00 PM