Company name in lead missing after qualifying a lead RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Dynamics CRM 2011 Online. I have a single user that is having a problem when they qualify a lead. The lead starts with a company name, after qualifying the lead the company name is blank. I have looked at all of the workflows that would execute when updating a lead. I have also looked for any plugins (none), or event handlers (none that would modify the company name). Is there any way to trace what updates are taking place?

Any help would be appreciated

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

So it is working for all other users - and not for just this one user? 

Are you sure that the user is looking at the right field? The Company Name on the account should be taken from the Company Name on the Lead - it will only do this if the relationship mapping hasn't been deleted on the Lead->Account relationship.

You could check the audit trail to see if there has been any user/workflow updating the value after create.

Are you sure there are no plugins/javascript that could do it?

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the reply Scott.

I looked at the lead before and after the update and the company name was there before and was blank after. I have looked at all of the possible reasons that I can think of. The only workflow that did anything to the company name in the lead was on a create of the lead. I deactivated that just to make sure that it wasn't doing something else, even though I checked it.

During the creation of an account, which is created during a workflow, we update the account name to the company name in the lead.

I forgot about the audit trail... I will turn that on for the leads.

• Edited by GaryMk Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:55 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Ok - let us know how you get on.

I thought you were talking about the standard qualify lead function - but you're using a workflow to create the account right?

There has to be something that updates it!

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:59 PM
    Answerer
  • I totally agree. I just can't see where.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:03 PM
  • One way that I've used to trying to find these kind of issues it to turn on verbose platform tracing, reproduce the issue, then do a search on the trace file for the GUID of the record that shows the problem - you should then see the update statement and be able to see where it's coming from.

Be prepared to hole yourself up to trawl through MB's of trace file though!

http://crmdiagtool2011.codeplex.com/

Scott Durow

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:07 PM
    Answerer
  • We're using the online version of CRM. I don't believe that the tool works with it. 
    • Edited by GaryMk Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:05 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Shame!

I've got Microsoft to look at the trace for me before - but you'll need to pay for the incident I would think.

Any luck with the audit trail?

Scott Durow

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:17 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I do have an audit trail, and it does show that the company name is being removed. The funny thing is that the workflow that's removing it doesn't show it...

This is from the actual execution of the workflow. There is a radio button that is being modified during the workflow but not the company name.

Thanks,

Gary

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:53 PM