70-640 Exam on August 1st, 2011. Any Advise or Wisdom? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I've recently been studying for the 70-640 Exam: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring with the Microsoft Press book (which is no R2) and CBTNuggets, and Measure up questions on the exam (R2) I just did my first practice test today with the R2 Questions and got 68% on my first attempt. Which is good for first time, but there is some gaps in my knowledge I need to fill up before the exam that I am aware off.

I heard a rumor that there is a practical in the exam where you have to connect to a virtual machine through RDP and do the configuring from there, such as scripting and setting roles up. I just wanted to clarify if this was true or not.

Any replies are greatly appreciated,

Matty Jones.

Friday, July 8, 2011 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Matty,

Due to the exam NDA, this information cannot be confirmed or denied.  That said, the exam preparation guide states:

Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-640

Good luck with your exam

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, July 8, 2011 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Matty,

Due to the exam NDA, this information cannot be confirmed or denied.  That said, the exam preparation guide states:

Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-640

Good luck with your exam

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, July 8, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Hi Matty,

Due to the exam NDA, this information cannot be confirmed or denied. 

Hi Jeff, and thank you for your reply

You seem to be highly experienced with certification, In your experience, would it most likely to be questions?

Matty Jones

Saturday, July 9, 2011 12:39 AM