Office Validation RRS feed

• Question

• I recently reformatted my laptop, and reinstalled my own copies of Office Home and Student and Office Professional (That I paid for and have the packaging for). When I try to access online templates, MS tells me my version is not genuine. I tried uninstalling everything (including the free trial version that Toshiba installed) and reinstalling it, then activating both versions, but I still get the same message.

I have this software installed on the laptop and a desktop (as a backup) and nowhere else. I really need to have it up and running on the laptop. Anyone know what the problem is?
    Friday, March 6, 2009 8:10 PM

Answers

• We are glad you are back up and running :-)

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 6, 2009 11:11 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2009 11:10 PM

All replies

• Mt12Mindset,

It's very common for the Trial Version of Office Home and Student to cause problems with validation of a full, paid-for version of Office when they are installed on the same computer at the same time.

Uninstall the trial of Office Home and Student that came with the computer, restart, then retry validation--it should work fine then.

If not, post back for more help! :-)
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, March 6, 2009 8:31 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Yep, I did that first thing and restarted, and it still says it's not genuine.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 9:09 PM
  • I found another file tucked away that reinstalled the trial. I got rid of it and things are up and running. Thanks for the help!
    Friday, March 6, 2009 10:23 PM
  • We are glad you are back up and running :-)

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 6, 2009 11:11 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2009 11:10 PM