The selected file is corrupted or it does not use the correct schema. Either select ... " when importing a managed solution into CRM 2011 – 5.0.9690.2243. RRS feed

• Question

• Getting  “The selected file is corrupted or it does not use the correct schema. Either select another file or modify the file to use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM migration template schema.” When importing a managed solution into CRM 2011 – 5.0.9690.2243.

I am trying to consolidate unmanaged solutions from other contributors.  I have imported their solutions into a clean CRM 2011, created a new solution with all the contributions and exported them into a new managed solution.

The import fails when trying to import the solution into another CMS 2011 instance.  Both CRM 2011 instances have Rollup 8 (5.0.9690.2243)

I am posting this issue following the advice from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2011/06/27/faq-for-customer-and-partner-portals.aspx

Please advise, thanks

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:24 PM

All replies

• Are you sure you are importing a managed solution file?  Is it a .cab or a .zip file?  If it is a zip file, please expand it and ensure that it has a customizations.xml and a solution.xml in the root of the zip file.  If it is a CAB, use the expand program (or a tool like winzip) and make sure that it has a MicrosoftSolutionManfest.xml file in the root along with a zip file that has a customizations.xml and solution.xml file in the root.

One possible problem you might be having is that since the marketplace only allows us to upload a cab file, we had to package the customer portal in a cab file format.  You need to expand that to the file system, but once expanded, there is a MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal.cab file in the expanded folder that is the real CRM solution file.  Many people make the mistake of trying to import the outer cab file that they download from the marketplace directly into CRM.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:12 PM