Load Balancer RRS feed

• Question

•  

In the new OCS Tech Reference doc dated 01-08, it has these two statements in the load balancer section (pg 100-101):

·         Every Office Communications Server must have exactly one network adapter. Multihoming an Office Communications Server is not supported.

·         The network adapter must have exactly one static IP address. This IP address will be used for the incoming load-balanced traffic.

Does this mean that each OCS server can only have one network adapter enabled with only one IP address assigned to it?

Has anyone ran across this yet and had any problems using more than one adapter or IP address per server?

Thanks,

Greg

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:14 PM

All replies

• I cannot imagine why this would be there. I just finished an enterprise deployment and all of our servers have 2 NICs (bound) and one of our front end servers has a secondary IP and hosts CWA. We have not had any issues.

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Same here, all of our servers come with dual nics.  And I need to host CWA on the frontend as well.  I'm having issues getting CWA to work once the servers go behind a firewall and wondered if this had anything to do with it.  I guess not.

Thanks!

Greg

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:40 PM
  • What kind of issues are you having with CWA? I have installed and broke CWA quite a few times in this scenario.

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:46 PM
  • Users cannot login to CWA.  No remote users, just internal.  No edge servers... I havent done much troubleshooting on this one yet though. 

Still working on getting everything stable for live meetings through the LB.  Configuration of the Cisco 11501 has been a big learning curve for us.

Thanks

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:52 PM