Office 2007 Live Meeting - No Audio or Video RRS feed

• Question

• We are using live meeting which is working ok for presentation but are unable to connect with audio or video. The error encountered is:

Message Category: 2 (kNetworkError)
    Message Code: 0 (kUnknownError)
    Root Cause Error: 0x80EF0194
    Root Cause Component: kNetwork
    Audio Input Device: SoundMAX HD Audio
    Audio Output Device: SoundMAX HD Audio
    Video Input Device: HP Webcam [2 MP]
    Audio Muted: Yes
    Media State: (44,0,0,12,8,0,Connecting)
    AvMcu Uri: sip:ca1mikavm013.rtc.local:5061;transport=tls
    Avmcu Reachable: Yes
    Acp Reachable: No
    Diagnostics Information:

I have configured a rule in our BlueCoat Proxy to allow any source full unauthenticated access to any "livemeeting.com" address on any port. And can see traffic to either FW19.livemeeting.com or APX113.livemeeting.com is allowed.

The proxy is a Blue Coat SG800 Series accessed via WPAD (auto-detection), although I have also tried direct proxy access (disabling pac) and this has no effect.

I can see the traffic also getting blocked at the firewall but traffic routed via the proxy is allowed through the firewall. I do not want to open the firewall for all the different IP address ranges as per Microsofts recommendation as it should work via unauthenticated Proxy...

Any ideas on what I should be checking next.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:30 AM

All replies

• Have you installed the latest version of Live Meeting?

The March 2009 version addressed the following issue: If the Automatically detect settings option or the Use automatic configuration script option is enabled in Windows Internet Explorer, the server connection to a Windows-based Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 client fails.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:36 PM
  • I have rechecked and can confirm we are using the latest version of the software. Is there a problem with certain proxy devices?

Monday, June 1, 2009 9:18 AM