is this possible or not ? RRS feed

• Question

• friends, is it possible to mix both 70-xxx and 72-xxx exams to become a MCITP server administrator. suppose if some body choose 70-640, then 72-642 and then 70-646.so, is it possible ?
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:34 PM

Answers

•  

i want to know that what happens if some one mixed both 70-xxx and 72-xxx together because i did this mistake

It is not a mistake; it is perfectly legal to take 70-xxx and 72-xxx. They are exactly the same exam, the only difference is that 72- gives you a student discount. You might have been a student at the time you took a 72- exam, and then stop being a student and take a 70- exam. Both will combine perfectly well to give you a certification. In fact, the Microsoft transcript only shows the "xxx" (for instance, "640" or "642"). The 70 or 72 prefix is not shown in the Transcript.

status [...] for third one its showing "NO SHOW"

This is unrelated to the exam being 70- or 72-. It means that Prometric has lost the results of your exam. You took it at an exam center, and the center failed to send the results to Prometric. If you still have the printed results sheet that the center gave you at the end of the exam, you can send that to Prometric to get your results fixed. Or at least you shoud hopefully get them fixed. It happened to me once and the only thing that I got was a free retake of the exam.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The 72-xxx exams have the same value towards certification as the 70-xxx exams. If you have 72-642 then this will count as 70-642 towards the MCITP certification.

Keep in mind that the MCITP Server Administrator and MCITP Enterprise Administrator certifications will retire on 31 July. Exam 70-640, 70-642, 70-646 will not retire and passing them will give you the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification instead of MCITP: SA  after 31 July.

Danny van Dam, Citrix CCIA/CCEE Microsoft MCSE Server Infrastructure/MCSE Desktop Infrastructure/MCSA Server 2008, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 http://www.citrix-guru.com http://www.rds-support.eu

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:17 PM
    Answerer
  •  

Hi,

Friend what you are saying is correct, but i want to know that what happens if some one mixed both 70-xxx and 72-xxx together because i did this mistake, i wrote my first exam that is 70-640 and then second 72-642 and lastly 70-646, now in prometric the status of first two exams are showing passed but for third one its showing "NO SHOW" . I already complained regarding this issue to my exam center and what they replied me is horrible , they told me that why you mixed 70-640, 72-642 and 70-646 for server administrator  may be your certification will be rejected, they told me like this...so, please tell me what to do now ? Thanks ..

Friday, March 29, 2013 7:02 AM
  • Have you been able to check your transcript on the MCP (https://www.microsoft.com/learning/members/en/us/mcp/mcp-default.aspx) website? Prometric is an exam facilitator for Microsoft. They just conduct exams and pass on the results to Microsoft. Certifications are given by Microsoft. If you fulfill the certification requirements then the MCP website will show the correct status. It is candidate's choice as to which exams they would like to take, not Prometric's decision.

When you pass your first Microsoft exam, one MCP Id is assigned to you. It should be in the Welcome Package email or you can get it by logging into the MCP website too. You should quote that Id for all the subsequent exams so that they are added to your transcript. Otherwise a new Id will be generated for the next exam. If that has happened then you can call the MCP Support number for your geographic area and get the transcripts merged into the original MCP Id.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.
    Thanks!
    Aalam | Blog (http://aalamrangi.wordpress.com)

Friday, March 29, 2013 8:47 AM
  • Yes dear i have already checked my microsoft transcript, it contains the details of only my first two exams that is 70-640 and 72-642 but nothing mentioned about my last one (70-646) which i was passed on 15th of march.So, i called to prometric regarding this issue but they are not responding.they are telling again and again that  you made a mistake by mixing 70-xxx and 72-xxx but not telling the way to solve this problem.i am too much tensed .I just only want to know that what to do now, i am totally confused .
    Friday, March 29, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Check your MCP Id on the latest exam report. If it does not matches your earlier Id then all you need to so is call the MCP support and have them merge the record into the old Id.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.
    Thanks!
    Aalam | Blog (http://aalamrangi.wordpress.com)

Friday, March 29, 2013 12:57 PM
  •  

i want to know that what happens if some one mixed both 70-xxx and 72-xxx together because i did this mistake

It is not a mistake; it is perfectly legal to take 70-xxx and 72-xxx. They are exactly the same exam, the only difference is that 72- gives you a student discount. You might have been a student at the time you took a 72- exam, and then stop being a student and take a 70- exam. Both will combine perfectly well to give you a certification. In fact, the Microsoft transcript only shows the "xxx" (for instance, "640" or "642"). The 70 or 72 prefix is not shown in the Transcript.

status [...] for third one its showing "NO SHOW"

This is unrelated to the exam being 70- or 72-. It means that Prometric has lost the results of your exam. You took it at an exam center, and the center failed to send the results to Prometric. If you still have the printed results sheet that the center gave you at the end of the exam, you can send that to Prometric to get your results fixed. Or at least you shoud hopefully get them fixed. It happened to me once and the only thing that I got was a free retake of the exam.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:59 PM