MSN indexing only 1 page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the same problem too. My site http://www.largebirdcages4u.com has a page score of 4/5 and only 1 indexed page and was last crawled on 15/02/2009. Google has already indexed 104 URLs. MSN Webmaster Central has given me no errors.

However, when i check my robots.txt file i get the following error: Warning: 'sitemap' - tag isn't specified. Not sure what it means, or if it's relevant. I can't find anything wrong with the file. 

It would be nice to get MSN to index my pages so I can get my new business of the ground. Any suggestions??
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:21 PM

All replies

• Dear your robots.txt file is not allow msn crawler
    your robots.txt file is
    # robots.txt for www.largebirdcages4u.com

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /account/
    go in webmaster centre & validate your robots.txt file.
    for more info contact me.
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:17 AM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, your site is not ranking well in our index. I suggest reading the FAQs located at the top of the ranking and crawling forums which may provide some ideas to help increase your rank. The sitemap warning is letting you know we didn't find a link to your sitemap in the robots.txt file (which is optional).

Brett

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LargeBirdCages4u Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:02 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Hi,

I have updated my robots.txt file to include my sitemap link. I have also reviewed the FAQs located at the top of the ranking and crawling forums, and can't find anything else that would prevent my site from being indexed.
    The change I made to my robots.txt file did not seem to make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:02 PM