500 Error in GroupExpansion Web Components validation test RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed OCS2007 on Windows server 2003 r2 x64 sp2 and everything is validated except for GroupExpansion in the web components test.

I browsed to the URL it was testing and noticed this error:

https://myserver.name.corp/GroupExpansion/int/service.asmx

Why would it be looking for a web.config in the root of the default web site (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config) I don't have this file there, and I don't think it needs to be.

Server Error in '/GroupExpansion/Int' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' because access is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 0

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:29 PM

Answers

• Can you verify that Network Service has access to these files?

Deli

Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:43 PM

All replies

• Can you verify that Network Service has access to these files?

Deli

Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:43 PM
  • The network service account was not listed in the GroupExpansion virtual directory, so I added it with Modify permissions. Did a iisreset and still no luck on the validation test.

I noticed 2 ASP.NET 2 errors in the application log: "Unable to start monitoring changes to 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' because access is denied.  Application virtual path '/Abs/Int/Handler' "

There is no web.config in the root web directory and I never setup an asp.net web app in the root of this server.

Any advice?

Friday, October 19, 2007 6:01 PM
  • I solved the problem. I was missing network service and aspnet accounts on the main web root directory (inetpub\wwwroot). I also verified the virtual directories had this permission set along with the asp.net 2 temporary files folder under c:\windows\Microsoft.net\framework

Thanks

Friday, October 19, 2007 6:57 PM