Weird connector issues RRS feed

• Question

• I'm finally getting around to installing the connector software on my computers after having to reinstall WHS a month or so ago.  I have it installed on my laptop, with backups running fine, but in the console window it says that the OS for that computer is unknown (Windows 7).  It also tells me that there is a connector upgrade available, but when I uninstall/reinstall the connector software, I get the same prompt for an upgrade as soon as it starts up.

The other issue is with my HTPC, which is running Win7 x64.  If I run the setup.exe from the Software share, I tells me it can't install the application on a 64 bit OS.  If I attempt to run the WHSConnector_x64.msi file directly, it says to run setup.exe to install.  

Any ideas on where I should start looking?  This is a custom built WHS, PP3 installed.  I don't have any obviously-related errors in the Event logs.

Friday, May 21, 2010 4:21 PM

Answers

• Try uninstalling, then reinstalling, Power Pack 3.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by ECEC Friday, May 21, 2010 6:04 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 5:04 PM

All replies

• Try uninstalling, then reinstalling, Power Pack 3.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by ECEC Friday, May 21, 2010 6:04 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 5:04 PM
  • Thanks Ken, that worked perfectly.  Did the 64 bit client come out with PP3?  I didn't know that, or would have tried it myself.

On a side note, I think you've been responsible for answering 95% of my questions on this board.  :)

Friday, May 21, 2010 6:04 PM