How to get personal settings programmatically in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Is there any PSI for me to get the personal settings for a specific resource in Project Server 2010? For example, I want to know if a resource has closed their alert settings in his/her presonal settings.

Thanks,

Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:43 AM

Answers

• It works for one resource at a time - the resource you use to authenticate in your code. Here's an idea, in case you don't find another way... Write a web part that calls ReadAlertSubscriptions and writes the values in a db table or SP list, put it in the personal settings page and it will record whenever a user changes alerts.
    • Marked as answer by Tom Xie Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:45 AM

All replies

• There is a Notification method in the PSI that lets you read notification status information (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcnotifications.notifications.readalertsubscriptions_di_pj14mref.aspx) this might be a good point to start at.
    Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the feedback, however, ReadAlertSubsrciptions is not what I want, because it just listed the type of the alert subsrcriptions. What I really want is whether we can get the information that if a resource has subsrcibed the email alert or not and what kinda alert s/he has subscribed, see following:

>>>>

Alert me when team members:

Submit New Tasks and Assignments

Reassign Tasks

Update Tasks 

<<<<<

Thanks again.

Friday, May 27, 2011 1:28 AM
  • ReadAlertSubscriptions returns an AlertSubscriptionInfoDataSet; the AlertSubscriptionTable in that dataset does indeed list the types of subscriptions, but also has a column named IsSubscribed which tell you if the user is subscribed to each of the alerts. 

I guess you're looking for the values of IsSubscribed for ResourceUpdatesAssignment, ResourceSubmitsNewTask and TaskDelegationRequest (you can enable/disable an alert for your user and run the method to observe which alert has what name in the table)

Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:25 AM
  • achifu:

Thanks but I don't think it has resolved my issue. At first I was thinking there would be a field like "ResourceID" or something in the AlertSubscriptionInfoDataSet that indicated the resource.

Yes, I did see the field IsSubscribed there in the AlertSubscriptionInfoDataSet, but I can't tell among the various resoueces, whose IsSubscribed is true and whose is false.

Do you understand my anxious now?

Thanks again.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:28 AM
  • It works for one resource at a time - the resource you use to authenticate in your code. Here's an idea, in case you don't find another way... Write a web part that calls ReadAlertSubscriptions and writes the values in a db table or SP list, put it in the personal settings page and it will record whenever a user changes alerts.
    • Marked as answer by Tom Xie Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:45 AM
  • That sounds a good idea, achifu....

Thanks and I will make this as an answer....

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:49 AM